Friday, October 12, 2012

3000 Yard Postal Is Done!

Yesterday Diane and I swan the 3000 yard postal. I timed her. Then she timed me. I swam the first 1500 yards in 26:11 and the second 1500 yards in 26:43.  I was 32 seconds slower in the second half. I'll take that. But I still want to cut about 5 minutes per mile to be competitive nationally. The pool was a 25 yard pool. That's a lot of turns. I put my dry-land pumped stomach muscles to work during the swim. More work is required in the stomach department. Diane by the way was about 9 minutes faster than me which is normal for us.

If you are interested in learning more about this event, go to https://www.clubassistant.com/club/meet_information.cfm?c=1287&smid=3918. I entered the event online yesterday. Cost to enter is $7.00. Check the website before you swim.

So what did I think about while swimming. I kept asking myself what condition is my condition in? Are my feet at horizontal for minimal drag? Am I getting a good push off the wall for fewer strokes?  Am I using the large body muscles or am I swimming with my arms? And where the heck is Diane's signal that I have 300 yards to finish?  I did the best I could in that place and at that time. I can't complain. Gotta go pump some iron.


No comments:

Post a Comment