Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lake Erie Virtual Swim after 11 Weeks

Eleven weeks in since Memorial Day. Three weeks to go to Labor Day. I've swum 87 miles. So I've been to Canada, did a flip turn on the rocks, got hung up in the green algae, did not see any Asian carp, and am 30 miles back toward Cleveland. All this for a t-shirt. With a road trip planned next weekend  to Lake Lure, NC for the 1-Mile Open Water National Championship, I anticipate finishing the summer season at about 100 miles. This will leave me well short of home. I may have to spend the winter on the Cleveland water crib which is 5 miles off shore. Maybe I'll be able to watch the planned offshore wind turbines being built. Maybe by the time I finally arrive in the spring, I'll learn that Cleveland has found the funds to fix the sewer system. Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment